Enroll Today and Take the First Step in Taking Control of Your Health.
An employer-sponsored patient self-management program that utilizes specially trained pharmacists to conduct face-to-face meetings with the employee to help educate, motivate and empower them to better manage their condition.
- Replication of the highly successful diabetes self-management program, the Asheville Project
- Employers waive co-pays for medications and related supplies for chronic conditions such as diabetes
- Employees voluntarily participate in regular visits with specially trained local pharmacists
- Pharmacists are paid to conduct regular screenings, coaching and coordinate care with physicians
Benefits of Participation
A tested, innovative health benefits solution, in line with value-based benefits that can:
- Improve delivery of care through an integrated care model that encourages collaboration among all health care stakeholders
- Empower participants to better manage their chronic condition and improve their overall health
- Provide employers support by providing a link between covered employees and dependents with certified, community pharmacists
- Inform participant's physician with results and findings obtained during pharmacist visits
- Gives a program certificate to qualified participants that acknowledges attainment of a preferred level of skill in managing their condition
- Provide participating employers (with >50 participants enrolled) clinical, economic and participant satisfaction reports after 12 months in the program.